FlytBase is a deep-tech startup that provides hardware-agnostic software solutions to automate and scale drone operations. It is the world’s first Internet of Drones Platform (IoD) that allows seamless & cloud-connected deployment of intelligent drone fleets for a variety of business applications. The team comprises young engineers and designers from top-tier universities such as IIT-B, IIT-KGP, University of Maryland & Georgia Tech, and with deep expertise in drone technology, computer science, electronics, and robotics.
The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, USA, and has R&D offices in Pune, India. Widely recognized as a pioneer in the commercial drone ecosystem, FlytBase won the Global NTT Data Innovation Contest 2019 in Tokyo, Japan. FlytBase graduated from the Cisco LaunchPad Accelerator Program in 2017 and was awarded the TiE50 Top Startup award by TiE Silicon Valley.
Role and Responsibilities
- Plan and execute flight test plans for new software features, electronics, sensors, and payloads.
- Perform hands-on mechanical and electrical integration of new hardware components on the internal fleet of test vehicles for R&D and testing.
- Troubleshoot and debug any components of a drone in the office or in the field. Maintenance of vehicles – keep the fleet ready for flight tests.
- Participate in defining and validating customer workflows and enhancing User experience.
- Drive collaboration with the Product Management team to incorporate customer feedback and feature requests into FlytBase’s product development cycle.
- Learn about the domain and competitors to propose new features, as well as, improvements in existing features/workflows.
Required skills and experience
- Experience in flight testing and operating/piloting small UAS and/or RC aircraft (either fixed-wing or multirotor systems).
- Experience in using flight-planning and ground control station software.
- Familiarity with UAV platforms, like Pixhawk, DJI, Ardupilot, PX4, etc.
- Experience in integrating, operating, and tuning autopilots on a variety of unmanned vehicles.
- Basic knowledge of electrical test equipment (multimeter, oscilloscope) and UAS sensors.
- Ability to work hands-on with electro-mechanical systems including assembly, disassembly, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
This role comes with an annual CTC that is market competitive and depends on the quality of your work experience, degree of professionalism, culture fit and alignment with FlytBase’s long-term business strategy.
What you'll get:
- Fast-paced startup culture
- Hacker mode environment
- Enthusiastic and approachable team
- Professional autonomy
- Company-wide sense of purpose
- Flexible work hours
- Informal dress code
How to apply?
To apply, send across your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com, or submit your application below!