FlytBase is a deep-tech startup that provides hardware-agnostic software solutions to automate and scale drone operations. It is the world’s first Internet of Drones Platform (IoD) that allows seamless & cloud-connected deployment of intelligent drone fleets for a variety of business applications. The team comprises young engineers and designers from top-tier universities such as IIT-B, IIT-KGP, University of Maryland & Georgia Tech, and with deep expertise in drone technology, computer science, electronics, and robotics.
The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, USA, and has R&D offices in Pune, India. Widely recognized as a pioneer in the commercial drone ecosystem, FlytBase won the Global NTT Data Innovation Contest 2019 in Tokyo, Japan. FlytBase graduated from the Cisco LaunchPad Accelerator Program in 2017 and was awarded the TiE50 Top Startup award by TiE Silicon Valley.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work as part of an agile team developing applications, designing sprints, and leading the team in ensuring deliveries are met.
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and high-performance applications.
- Ensure code modularity with micro-services architecture in the frontend and backend.
- Ensure best practices in Web application development.
- Participate in the complete software development lifecycle and write code that is maintainable, clear, and concise.
- Bring in technical and architectural leadership, and mentor team members enabling them to achieve their goals.
- Ability to balance strategic and tactical solutions.
- Manage application deployment in AWS, considering security, scalability, and reliability.
- Manage/evolve automated testing setup for backend and frontend for faster bug reporting and fixing.
- Contribute to team and organizational improvements in process and infrastructure.
- Learn about the domain and competitors to propose new features and help in product improvement.
Required skills and experience
- 3+ yrs experience as a MEAN/MERN Stack developer.
- Strong expertise with Angular 2+ / ReactJS, NodeJS, ExpressJS, Socket.io.
- Knowledge of unit testing (Jasmine/Mocha), and e2e testing frameworks (Cypress).
- Experience in micro-services or micro-frontend architecture.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a secured, scalable, production-ready application development and deployment.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of Git, CI/CD practices.
This role comes with an annual CTC that is market competitive and depends on the quality of your work experience, degree of professionalism, culture fit and alignment with FlytBase’s long-term business strategy.
What you'll get:
- Fast-paced startup culture
- Hacker mode environment
- Enthusiastic and approachable team
- Professional autonomy
- Company-wide sense of purpose
- Flexible work hours
- Informal dress code
How to apply?
To apply, send across your CV with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit your application below!