FlytBase is a deep-tech startup that provides hardware-agnostic software solutions to automate and scale drone operations. It is the world’s first Internet of Drones Platform (IoD) that allows seamless & cloud-connected deployment of intelligent drone fleets for a variety of business applications. The team comprises young engineers and designers from top-tier universities such as IIT-B, IIT-KGP, University of Maryland & Georgia Tech, and with deep expertise in drone technology, computer science, electronics, and robotics.
The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, USA, and has R&D offices in Pune, India. Widely recognized as a pioneer in the commercial drone ecosystem, FlytBase won the Global NTT Data Innovation Contest 2019 in Tokyo, Japan. FlytBase graduated from the Cisco LaunchPad Accelerator Program in 2017 and was awarded the TiE50 Top Startup award by TiE Silicon Valley.
Role and Responsibilities
- Software and system development/testing/integration for safe and reliable autonomous drones and docking stations.
- Deliver reliable, well-tested software for autonomous drones by improving and automating our internal tools, our development environment, programming practices, and libraries.
- Tool development to improve development workflow.
- Evaluation of cutting-edge technologies and deployment to production.
- Influence the full-stack architectural roadmap.
- Contribute to software design reviews, architecture reviews, and best practices.
- Maintain high-level communication with cross-functional teams and partners.
Required skills and experience
We believe that imagination, creativity, and problem-solving skills are crucial for world-class robotics work, besides attention to detail, a genuine interest in advancing technology, and English skills.
One or more of the following qualifications will make your application more impressive.
- Participant in Robocon/e-Yantra/IARC/IMAV/AUVSI SUAS and/or contributions to open source projects.
- Experience designing and implementing production-grade multi-robot systems or other distributed systems.
- Experience building real-world applications/robots using control theory, motion planning, computer vision, machine learning, etc.
- Experience in ROS.
- Experience in DevOps, TDD, and CI/CD practices.
- Experience in cloud technologies.
- Experience with multithreading and concurrency.
- Understanding of network protocols from data link through the application layer.
- Experience working in development team(s) that have delivered commercial software or software-based services.
- Experience with designing, building, and deploying scalable and highly available systems
This role comes with an annual CTC that is market competitive and depends on the quality of your work experience, degree of professionalism, culture fit and alignment with FlytBase’s long-term business strategy.
What you'll get:
- Fast-paced startup culture
- Hacker mode environment
- Enthusiastic and approachable team
- Professional autonomy
- Company-wide sense of purpose
- Flexible work hours
- Informal dress code
How to apply?
To apply, send across your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com, or submit your application below!