FlytBase is a deep-tech startup that provides hardware-agnostic software solutions to automate and scale drone operations. It is the world’s first Internet of Drones Platform (IoD) that allows seamless & cloud-connected deployment of intelligent drone fleets for a variety of business applications. The team comprises young engineers and designers from top-tier universities such as IIT-B, IIT-KGP, University of Maryland & Georgia Tech, and with deep expertise in drone technology, computer science, electronics, and robotics.
The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, USA, and has R&D offices in Pune, India. Widely recognized as a pioneer in the commercial drone ecosystem, FlytBase won the Global NTT Data Innovation Contest 2019 in Tokyo, Japan. FlytBase graduated from the Cisco LaunchPad Accelerator Program in 2017 and was awarded the TiE50 Top Startup award by TiE Silicon Valley.
What you'll do:
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable android code.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, ship new features, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
Required skills and experience
- 1+ years of experience in designing and building Android applications using Kotlin/Java.
- Good knowledge in programming concepts – OOPs, design & coding patterns.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, MVC, MVP and MVVM patterns.
- Experience in writing Unit Tests and UI tests, must be familiar with Junit, Mockito, and Espresso.
- Experience with Git.
- Familiarity with Android local connectivity API (Bluetooth, WiFi, USB).
- Familiarity with RxKotlin / RxJava (operator, thread management, eventBus).
- Familiarity with cloud messaging APIs and push notifications.
This role comes with an annual CTC that is market competitive and depends on the quality of your work experience, degree of professionalism, culture fit and alignment with FlytBase’s long-term business strategy.
What you'll get:
- Fast-paced Startup culture
- Hacker mode environment
- Enthusiastic and approachable team
- Professional autonomy
- Company-wide sense of purpose
- Flexible work hours
- Informal dress code
How to apply?
To apply, send across your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com, or submit your application below!